September 1st, 2016 we opened The Makers Keeps first brick and mortar store! It was a little condo unit that was converted into a commercial space. It was on a side road that was constantly under construction. We had almost no parking and our entrance was unfortunately not wheelchair/stroller accessible.
It was not ideal but it was a start. It gave TMK its roots and helped launch our brand. I will cherish those early days of setting up, meeting makers, ringing in my first sale....it was incredible! I met so many amazing people who are still in my life today. I learn't SO much and I'm proud of how far we've come.
I had many goals and dreams for TMK when we first opened and one was to have a store on 124th street. Well this past December, we opened that store and man does it feel good!
We have done so much to get here. It hasn't been an easy ride but its been a fun ride!
Lets break it down shall we:
1. Opened our first Brick and Mortar shop.
2. Set up a 3 month Pop-Up in Kingsway Mall.
3. Opened a full-on store in Kingsway Mall.
4. Opened a "mini shop" 3 month pop-up in West Edmonton Mall.
5. Opened a 1 year temp location in Currents of Windermere.
6. Hosted a 2 month long marketplace at Glow Christmas.
7. Set up a 4 month pop-up at The Enjoy Centre that turned into a full-on store.
8. Popped up at Southgate Centre for 6 months.
9. Opened our newest brick and mortar store on 124th street!
...oh and in between all that we set up shop at the YEG Home show,
K-Days twice and Farm Fair!
It's safe to say we have made good use of the last 4 years!
We couldn't have done it without you all.
Thank you for the bottom of our hearts!!